"Where Jesus is, there is heaven. What is the essence of heaven? The immediate presence of Jesus. So when he says, 'I go to prepare a place for you,' isn’t the essence of what he is saying: I go this night through death for you, and I go Easter Sunday morning out of death for you, so that I myself might be your living dwelling place. I am your room in my Father’s house. And I am not yet prepared to receive you there. I must die. I must rise. I must be glorified. I must intercede for you. And when I have done that, then I will be ready. I will come and take you to myself."
(John Piper on John 14:3)
Recalling This Gospel's Goal
How Unholy Turmoil Is Overcome
Five Reasons to Not Be Troubled, But Trust Jesus
1. Don’t be troubled, but trust me, because my Father has many rooms in his house and each of you will have one.
2. Don’t be troubled, but trust me, because I myself am going to make ready the place of dwelling with God.
3. Don’t be troubled, but trust me, because I myself will be your dwelling, and I will get you there.
4. Don’t be troubled, but trust me, because the very Father, who has a place for you in his eternal presence, is with you now.
5. Don’t be troubled, but trust me, because I will be with you always, not just at my return.
Summary: Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled. . .